Tuesday, July 12, 2011

New year, New school, New blog!

Well I have been so impressed with all you Teacher Bloggers that I had to jump in too. I have no idea what I am doing but here goes. I am starting this fall at a new school and in 1st grade which I have not done for a very long time. First grade was and is my favorite grade so I am so excited to be returning. But it is like starting "new" again. So I will try to document my journey toward the first day of school and share both things learned as well as things re-learned.

I thought I would begin with a theme and decided that first grade is all about exploring their world. I'm trying to decide which way to go Jungle or Savannah. So that's where I am now. Tomorrow I am picking up curriculum and seeing my classroom. I've been reading Debbie Diller's, Spaces and Places, to get some organization ideas. Reducing Stuff will be my BIG hurdle.

So stay tuned, my fellow teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment