Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Over whelmed

So how do a teacher get ready for a grade she has taught for 10 years after not even having a class for the past 2? It's like starting over in a good way. So after pulling almost everything out and being totally overwhelmed this is what I did.

* Start with a box, or drawer or pile.
* Break it down into 3 piles: Keep, Not Keep (trash or recycle bin), and Donate (but have a plan in mind)
* Immediately get the "Not Keep"  out of the house! Box up "Donate" and label with who, or grade level or something so you don't have to go back through it.
* Now go back through your "Keep" pile and separate into sub piles; Math, Language Arts, Reading, etc.
Okay so that's where  I am right now, but I have gotten rid of a lot.

Meanwhile I am so thankful for all the bloggers that post ideas and share their stuff. I don't have time right now to make stuff but hopefully soon I can and I will share back.Im already working on curriculum plans, and figuring out my class layout. It will be a couple of weeks before I can get into my room.They are painting and laying new tile down. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment