Thursday, July 26, 2012

Classroom Rules

Okay, I am finally getting into the nitty gritty of getting my class binders and pages ready for the new year. I needed to update some things, reprint, laminate...you know the drill. And this year we are adding another first grade class so I will have fun planning and sharing with someone besides only me! So one of the first things I did was looked at my classroom rules. Background note: Last year five teachers from my school attended a Whole Brain Teaching Seminar with Chris Biffle. It was overwhelming and great and the website is terrific too. (WBT SITE). Their rules were available on the website but I thought they were too old for my firsties and wanted to cutesy them up. And since I teach at a Christian school I thought it would be nice to make them Biblically based. There is is a great clip artist named Phillip Martin who is great about sharing. So I contacted him and he is allowing me to share my posters and rule book as long as I don't charge for them. So here is my first FREEBIES!

 I hope if you are at a Christian school you can use them. See below for a little book to go with it. I have permission from the artist to use his graphics for this freebie but they are my own design. I would appreciate it if you give me credit and refer them here to grab this freebie. Thank you.

Classroom Rules

Click for
 here your copies

 or

For FREE Copy
Go to my Store Here




I am also making a little book that can be shared at home with the parents that goes along with these posters. Here's the link for the book if you are interested. It's 6 half pages to staple together and hand out.




Don't know why this page is rotated this way.

13 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I can see where some of these are inspired by WBT.

    I am wondering how much of WBT I can use in my church school class this fall as I won't have a public school job in this tight market in the foreseeable future.

    I am your newest follower!

    Mrs.D Reading with Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are just adorable! You did a wonderful job matching clipart and Bible verses to the rules! I also teach in a Christian school, but I did my rules with a camping theme to match my classroom. I'm pinning your rules to my WBT pinterest page to share with others, though!
    Mrs. Smith's First Grade Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm giving your posters a shout out on Monday morning! I really hope that's okay. It may even generate some new blog traffic to you.

    Mrs.D Reading with Mrs. D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love my posters to get out to more people who could use them.

      Delete
  5. Hi, those rules posters look great. I am also a Phillip Martin Clipart fan!! I'd love if you could add a link to this post in my FREEBIE classroom décor linky party.

    Emer
    A Crucial Week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a million for linking up! A lot of my followers are Irish (as am I) and over 90% of Irish primary schools are Catholic so these should be of great interest!

    Emer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad I'm not the only one to change "smart" to "wise" in the rules. Yours are much cuter than mine (I didn't even think of Philip's clip-art). Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! I just noticed how you fixed the fifth rule! I've never been comfortable with it, but this could be the perfect alternative.

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad that you can use them. I have actually change the 5th one again to "Choose to follow Jesus". If you like that better I will glad to share it too.

      Delete
  8. I LOVE your rule posters! I wish I could use them for my class, but I'm in a public school. Of course, the rules themselves are nearly identical, though instead of pleasing Jesus, ours says to "Be safe, kind, courteous and helpful."

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do your motions go along with these? I'm curious :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting question, but I will try to explain gestures.
      1. Follow directions quickly = 2 hands in front of body vertically moving like following a path and stop moving with the word "quickly"
      2. Raise your hand for permission to speak = Raise your right arm while opening and closing your fingers like you would do with a puppet talking.
      3. Listen... = Hand cupped by your ear, sweep pointer finger to others in the room, then open and close fingers for talking sign.
      4. Wise choices = Tap finger to temple 3 times
      5.Please Jesus = Tap temple once, make a heart shape with fingers, using sign language for Jesus ( middle finger of right hand to palm of left hand then same thing with left and right) or point to to heaven.
      6. leave your seat = I don't use this one in 1st but you could do raising you hand and then show fingers walking.

      I hope this helps.

      Delete