Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year, 2013!

        Welcomed in the New Year with a pizza and 2 movies from On Demand. Hey at $2.99 a movie we could afford 2! AND the Mr. stayed awake for 1 1/2 of them...whoo hooo! The kids were out with their friends so a nice time for us.

So New Year comes with expectations and big plans. Here are some of mine:

1. I am joining the ranks of technology! 
They are, as we speak, (well almost) installing in my class a
document camera
Okay I know some of you are going So what! BUT I have already gone through a box and a half of transparencies this year! 


Okay so its not a smart board but,

 I also got a new projector (I never had one before) 
AND a new computer, which is a big deal in itself! 

My old one took almost the entire day to boot up! NOT very useful. HA. I have been using my laptop for lesson plans, grades and blog stuff along with other things. But that doesn't help my kiddos have computer time. They are going to be so excited!


2. I also got a Nook for the class! 

Interestingly, the school didn't load any stories on it?

and the Aps on it are for older kids. 
So I am looking for some good cheap inexpensive okay free, preferred, 
Aps and stories to load. 
What are some that you use? Let me know.

3. On my personal list ( but still related to school stuff...isn't that always the way with us teachers?) I want to learn how to do the fancy stuff to make my blog better. I know just enough HTML to get me into BIG trouble and then not enough to go back. LOL!

4. And I am joining the rest of you on trying to make wiser food choices and get into a exercise routine...as soon as I finish off the Christmas cookies and find  a new pair of sneakers and... STOP! ...
Okay no more excuses!
Even if it is raining outside??

I have jumped in to lesson planning in an attempt to not be behind going back to school. I have started getting use to this FREE time. I have added an activity to my stores for the  letter "g".
Magic Fudge Game and Activity

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE my document camera! I use it for just about everything. Shh...don't tell, but I like it better than ipads or smart boards;)

    Ellen
    Great {First Grade} Expectations

    ReplyDelete
  2. My document camera changed my teaching life! So swesome, isn't it? I love how much I can use it in math and whip their journals under to share how kids solved a problem or to demostrate how to play a game where everyone can see. LOVE IT!

    Firstgradebloomabilities

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally of Wednesday my camera and computer were hooked up and ready to go. It was one of the most exciting teaching moment! We did math games, and even watched a penguin video from Mrs. Jumps blog!
      Thanks for stopping by and sharing

      Delete