Sunday, February 3, 2013

Scored BIG at Dollar Spots

I've been fine tuning my February plans
especially for Valentines Day and 100 Day,
which happen to fall on the same day this year! 
Can you believe it? 
So I'm trying to shift things around to get everything into the 4 day week. 
Yes we have Friday off for a four day weekend. 
I'm not complaining about the 4 days off,
just feeling overwhelmed with the movie in my head
of what our special days should be.
Do I cut things out?
Nah! I'll just modify them to fit in with our math and reading plans...Double Duty!

So meanwhile, as I'm trying to work out centers, crafts, and party planning
I decided to stop by my two favorite shopping spots; 
Dollar Tree and Target's Dollar Spot 
and ...


SCORE!
From Target Dollar Spot,
 except for the candy
Dollar Tree


From the Target Dollar spot:
I'm going to use the the little kid dishes for my math center 

with the extra candy hearts
to show part + part = whole
or whole - part = the other part. 
I had to buy 3 sets of candy hearts (2 packages =$5.00)
 to cover 2 more students. 
So I'll just use the extra in the center. 

(Then we can do a math problem of :
If the center started with ____ 
and at the end of the day there was _____ left, 
How many pieces of candy was lost? eaten?)

LOL! You know that WILL happen.

There are 10 sheets of 12" X 12" valentine paper in each package.
 That's only 10 cents a sheet!
We are making cards for our penpals and decorating our bags for our cards so I thought that would come in handy.
And
At the Dollar store I did find some great 
valentine stickers and cupcake baking cups 
(to make flowers for my lollipop centers) 
but check out the Magnetic letters. 
They are a very thick cardboard and only $1.00.
(Much cheaper than the packs at the teaching store)
and
The Boys Bathroom Pass was a must... well because it had
 a picture of a  penguin
and I needed to replace the current pass.
I don't want to know what goes on between the class and the bathroom!!

and now to finish up my shopping 
on to the TPT Super Sale!



By the way my store is on Sale too, so check it out.




3 comments:

  1. HI! I am your newest follower! LOVE your blog! SO cute!!

    -Holly

    Specialsmartspecialhearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Holly. Thank you for following along and your kind words.

      Delete
  2. I love hearing what all of the teachers do with their Target finds!! Thanks for sharing :)


    adventuresofroom129.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete