1. I was adding stories to their writing binders and I was not only amazed by the writing (length and content), but look at these drawings!
2. Here are our "Winter Globes a la June" Only in California
would we think about a BBQ in the snow!
I have no idea about the pink snow
or maybe a sunset sky
3. For math we had free choice of math games and centers.
I loved this design. Notice complete with a collar and dog tag.
4. Our Snuggle 'N Read. They were allowed to bring in a small blanket and some books. We moved all the desks away from the middle and chose the spot on the floor to read. I passed out little munchies to snack on and suggested we try to read quietly for 20 minutes and then we could share about our books with a friend.
They read for 35 minutes and were still quiet. WOW!! I could not believe it. It was almost recess so I told them could share. And the did. Very quietly...the EEKK way.
A Teacher's dream come true!
It is a wonderful thing to teach reading, but the real reward is to see them LOVE to read!
4. My end of the year gifts were a big hit. Our theme was explorers this year so I had to have a header that was fitting. I also had to be sensitive for I am keeping one of my littles back. But she is so excited to be helper next year!
Thanks to Teachersclubhouse.com for the math games with a deck of cards.
I bought the Buckets at the dollar store. The deck of cards were 2/$1.00. I used my points at Scholastic for books at different levels and each student picked one that they wanted. It was like winning the lottery!
5. My goal this year was to have a clean desk. This is my desk finally clean! Okay so it is the end of the year, I still made my goal..Right? Maybe I need to be more specific next year. LOL
And that is it for my week.
Click here to link up with Doodles Bugs Teaching and add your five for Friday!