Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Change can be good...

I think of myself as being a flexible person... To be a teacher, don't you have to be?

This summer there has been talk of all sorts of changes at my school...but I am staying in First Grade! Yeah!

But...
There is only one first grade class and there will be about 25 students ( I know some of you are thinking Only 25? We usually cap at 20 and we have small rooms compared to traditional classrooms.
No problem! 
I am staying in first grade! and 
I'll move to the bigger classroom and 
I'll have aide. Whoa! I've never had an aide!

But...
Now they are going to combine 2 second grade classes (29 students total) so they will move to the big classroom. I will have to deal with wall-to-wall desks and somehow still teach in small groups.
No Problem!
I am staying in first grade,
I have an aide (part-time) and 
I no longer have to move all my things!

But...
I am also going to have to be the PE teacher for my class.
WHAT!!! 
I have never taught PE in my 20 years of teaching! 
Okay I may not be so flexible. 
(Or maybe my aide can do it???)
Not Dealing with this yet! Anyone have ideas??

Meanwhile here is a change you might like. I have added to my "While You Were Away" Unit AND it is still for FREE! on my TpT Store.
While You Were Away
 Here is a FREE preview of the Mission Reminder Cards that were added to the FREE Unit.

Mission Reminder Card

Meanwhile I still have 4 more weeks...
Things could change....
Right?

But today the sun is shining,
Not a care in the world....
No Problem!

4 comments:

  1. Whoa! A change is one thing, but teaching your own PE class. I think that is crazy! So if you teach during your students specials, will you get planning?

    I am headed back into first grade this coming school year and I am very excited! Would love for you to head over and check out my blog! I am currently doing a give-away!

    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lindsay, for understanding my "pain". And you are right... I lose 2- 45 minute planning times...YuK! But I do get to still teach 1st grade :) The hardest thing I found when I returned to first grade was to remember how much at the beginning they are in their learning. Do small steps, model a lot, and repeat. And you will love it! I think it is the most rewarding grade.
    Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an interesting post,I do have experience like this situation,I went back from First to KG.

    All the best.you will have a great year ahead.

    Happy to be your newest follower.joined with your bloglovin to make it more closer to 100 followers

    I'd love you to stop by my blog and join with me.If you get a chance

    www.mysmartangels.blogspot.com

    Nilangi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! You can hop on over to my blog and check it out.
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete