Thursday, December 12, 2013

Getting to Know You: Christmas Questionaire

I'm linking up with Michelle from Fabulous in First for her Christmas Questionnaire linky party!  

Hot Chocolate or EggNog? 
Hot Chocolate! I usually have maybe one glass of Eggnog or I'll add it to my coffee. But nothings better on Christmas Eve after Christmas Lights Ohhhhhing & Ahhhhhhing  (looking at all the Christmas lights in the neighborhood) that Hot Cocoa with lots of whipped cream!

Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them underneath the tree? 
Both
Colored lights or white? 
I love colored mini lights on my tree. On My house we have switched to the large LED lights and I'm not likin' them so much. They just aren't as bright and colorful as the old ones.
When do you decorate? 
I try to begin the weekend after Thanksgiving, but it doesn't always happen, but definitely before Christmas Eve. I don't get those who put up the tree on Christmas Eve! I love seeing the festive lights!
Real or Fake Tree?
Real. We did a fake tree when we first got married. But it broke and fell over on my son when he was three and we did real trees ever since. Love the smell of a real tree!
What Tops Your Tree?
A star I made out of felt when I was first married. We once had one of those light up angels, but she caught on fire and melted. Scary and not pretty!  
Favorite Christmas Memories or Traditions?
We would have our big Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve and get to open one present. My v=brother and I usually wrote and performed a skit for our parents, have hot chocolate. Christmas morning we had to wait until 7:00 before we would wake up our parents, so my brother and I would sit in hall, peeking into the living room trying to figure out who got what or whose pile was bigger.
Now with my own children, they and my parents comes to my house for breakfast and we open presents, then eat cinnamon rolls and coffee cake. Next year the traditions will probably change again with the birth of my first grandchild right after Christmas. It's amazing how traditions melt together as time goes on and families grow. At times it can be bittersweet.
Do you remember your favorite gift as a child? 
I don'r remember my favorite but I remember my most embarrassing present...My father had just returned from being overseas (marine corps) after 17 months. I was at that 'tween age and I got a tube of Secret deodorant in my stocking...in front of my dad! LOL I thought it was such a personal item to open in front of a man!
Do prefer giving or receiving? 
I love both.  But I really love shopping, wrapping, and watching people opening up presents.
What is your favorite Christmas song? 
I pretty much like the classics and carols
Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum? 
Yum!  I love them!  Classic peppermint
Favorite Christmas Movie? 
We alway start the Season with Miracle on 34th Street (old and new) and watch It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve. Then After the kids would go to bed on Christmas Eve, and hubby was asleep, I would watch the old original version of Scrooge while I  filled stockings and wrapped the last minute gifts from Santa.
Do you shop online or at stores?
Mostly in stores.  I love shopping, the hustle bustle, carrying all the bags, grabbing lunch with my daughter.  
Photo Cards, Letter or Store Bought Card? 
I don't send out Christmas cards much anymore. When I do I make them...its much more personal.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a Good Night!


No comments:

Post a Comment