Saturday, May 3, 2014

May Currently

It's May! 
5 weeks to go!
Mother's Day...Progress Reports...Open House...Field Trip...End of the Year Projects...
When does it wind down?

Listening: Shark Tank. Anyone watch this? 
It's a show where regular people (entrepreneurs) 
attempt to get a multi-millionaire (the Shark) 
to buy into their company and help them get it going. 
There is always one pitch I say "Duh! Why didn't I think of that!" I also wonder "What ever happened to that company? Did they make it? 
Well tonight the whole show was reviewing pitches in the past that a 'shark' agreed to fund and then told what happened, good or bad.
Loving: It was 83 degrees at the Beach today!
It was Friday....I wasn't there....I was teaching in a classroom at 68 degrees!
Why are thermostats, that control multi classrooms, always put in the classrooms that have 100 windows facing the sun? 
These are the rooms that get up to 96 degrees and need a Nordic blast to cool it off! Meanwhile, I have kids with sweatshirts on, going out to play not realizing that there's a heat wave (94 degrees) outside.
Thinking: Of all the things that need to be done, all the things that haven't been done (I had a very young class this year) and how am I going to get there...wherever that is.
Wanting: An Ice Cream Sundae...It's Friday and its 80 degrees at 7:00 p.m.; enough said.
Needing: I am going to an all day workshop up in Los Angeles (an hour away) so I'll be up at the crack of dawn. I'm excited. There are 4 of us going  [grades K-4, 3rd has already gone], The workshop is Handwriting Without Tears. Does anyone use this? I'll let you know what I think.
Surprise: I have many blog that I visit regularly, and I shout out or share often on my FB page. None of my friends have Blogs, which I don't understand, and I haven't really connected with anyone . I am excited about meeting some of you at the TPT conference, and I hope to attend a Blogger meet-up in Southern California this year...sometime. 
I also want to spruce up my blog and learn more about blogging this summer.
I think my summer to do list is getting quite long. What plans do you all for the summer.
Link up Herewith Farley

Best get off to bed so I can stay awake tomorrow! 
I will do my Five for Fraturday tomorrow!



7 comments:

  1. A little bit of blog stalking is fine! Or at least that's what I tell myself!!

    Butterflying Through Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about your summer list growing and growing! I have so much that I want to do, but not enough time!!
    Laura
    Differentiation Station Creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. An ice cream sundae sounds good (even when it's 7 a.m. and 46 degrees on a Saturday morning). Ha! We use Handwriting Without Tears. I don't love it. I'll be interested to hear what you think.
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous that you live by the beach! And I love watching shark tank! I wish, wish I could attend the TpT conference this summer to meet new bloggers and be starstruck over my favorite, and famous teacher bloggers! I'm your newest follower and can't wait to read more from you!

    Andrea @ Cheers To School

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrea, I stopped by your blog and left you a comment. How cool that you are teaching in China? Do you miss being home or is it so exciting?

      Delete
  5. I am a So Cal blogger and going to the TpT conference. If you would like to meet up and grab lunch or coffee before July let me know.
    Shawna
    Shawnadevoe@gmail.com
    The Picture Book Teacher's Edition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be fun to meet up for coffee or lunch. I'm out of school on June 11th. When are you out? I can't wait for the conference.

      Delete