Saturday, June 14, 2014

June Currently...Lately

School's Out...My Birthday is Here... It must be Summer!
Yeah! But as I look at the calendar, how is June half over? 

I am not going to panic that the summer is almost over. 
After all I have just finished (school was out on Wednesday) 
and checked out (Packed up in 2 days and was out the door by 3:00 on Friday).

Today was my birthday, and using one of my wonderful gift cards from a a very giving parent, my hubby took me out to dinner. I am soooo stuffed. My sister-in-law and her hubby joined us and it was fun catching up with her.

So I finally have time to fill out my June Currently.
It's never to late is it?
Well I guess if it is July it would be late.


I have been listening to a lot of HGTV as I am planning on redoing the bedrooms upstairs. I need to make room for my granddaughter so I thought it could double as a guest room and maybe a space for an office. It currently is Pepto Bismo Pink and is in desperate need of a redo.

Today is my Birthday and I was surprised that I woke up to FB birthday greetings from so many friends. And they kept coming all day. WOW! It was nice to hear from friends I haven't heard from for a while too.

It's nothing like a birthday to remind you how blessed you truly are. I have my health, family, friends, and a great job. My husband is recovering from surgery quickly. My kids have full-time jobs they like. My first granddaughter is growing into a super fun little person. God has been good to us.

I know I said all year that the year was speeding by and the the summer appears to be continuing the trend. I would like to stop, take a breath , and regroup for a short moment. I already have a full schedule, not including the plans to organize and get a jump on next year. I am tutoring, overseeing a Math Club once a week for the summer campers at school, and baby sitting twice a week. I also have 3 seminars to take at the local college that I am so excited about. And of course the TPT Convention which will be sooo fun! I hope to see many of you there.

I need some cute summer clothes! I have plenty of knockin' around, don't let anyone see me clothes that I hang out in.  But not going out to lunch with a friend clothes. Many friends are having wedding showers or baby showers or little get togethers and I need some "Oh don't you look nice!" clothes.

I love reading and as many of you have also said, I don't have time to read during the school year. I read a wide variety of books; mysteries, romance, educational, historical, fiction and non-fiction. I also want o freshen up the look of my house. And my yard needs trimming. I'm not a gardner! I kill silk plants.
But since my husband had surgery, it falls to me and the tall things that aren't flowers should probably be pulled out. If I don't do it soon my little doggie might get lost out there.

Well there you go. A little about my plans. Now I'm going to go and check out some of your post and see what you all are doing this summer.

If you want to link up go to Farley's Blog 
June Currently and meet some new friends

Meanwhile I am going to do better at blogging, so I hope you come by often.


3 comments:

  1. First off, thank you for dropping by my blog. I hope it will be a nice resource for you. Secondly, Happy Birthday!!! Lastly, I hope you (and I) are able to slow down our summer, or at least fill it with lots of enjoyable moments. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday for Saturday! Totally agree that special times make you realize how blessed you are with amazing family and friends. Glad your hubby and recovering well from surgery and I am definitely with you on not being a fan of gardening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy B-Day! Enjoy your summer. I feel like I never have free time to read--although I guess I read plenty on my computer screen : )
    ~Lucy
    Kids Math Teacher

    ReplyDelete