Tuesday, July 1, 2014

It's July Already!

Happy July 1st!
I feel I'm finally into Summer mode...Well kinda. 
As usual I have a super many too large T0-Do Lists for my ambitious summer vaca. 
Meanwhile I find that I have also over committed myself. Ha! What's new? I have found I am a very goal oriented person and Need deadlines...doesn't sound like summer. But I also need to recharge and relax, but that is hard for me to switch on and off. Except when I read. When I read I let go of everything else, hence I don't read much except on breaks and summer.  I think I live in All or Nothing mode...Not a good balance!

Any whoooo.. I am doing a Math club this summer for incoming 1st, 2nds, and 3rds. It doesn't take a lot of planning so it's a non-stress activity for me. I just pull out center games and let them play and practice adding, subtracting, and multiplying. The idea is to have fun while keeping math in the brain. It's also a good venue for me to try out some new sets I'm working on. Oh and I am tutoring a few, too.

I'm also baby-sitting my sweet little one who is growing so fast. I want to spend as much time with her as I can because during school it's maybe once a week. Not enough!

And in addition to the TPT convention (Can't wait!) I am also attending some conferences at Cal State. Teachers never stop learning do we?

So I keep reminding myself to breath...Have fun.. and do what I want (a little of this and a little of that, something will eventually get done).

So as I finally get to doing my summer, 
I 'll kick it off with Farley's July's Currently

I don't think I need to elaborate so I will spare you.
Thanks for dropping by! Now go play, do something fun, and
Don't forget to link up and share.

 Farley's Currently Linky



3 comments:

  1. How exciting that you're going to the TPT conference in Vegas! Seems like so many people are going this year! Have a great time!

    Mel
    The Teaching Crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hot fudge sundae sounds so good! I haven't had one of those in years! Have fun at the TpT conference!

    Amy
    Teaching Is Sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your 3 seminars and enjoy the Vegas conference! I'll be looking forward to everyone's blogposts about their experiences. :) Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Sarah from Mrs. Jones Teaches

    ReplyDelete