Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Currently April, Oh My!

It seems as though I have been absent for a long time, and I have in blog-time. I haven't posted since January's Currently! otherwise known as the last school break. It has been a crazy, wild year and I have to admit I was REALLY READY for our Easter Break to arrive.

So I have enjoyed the family gatherings for Easter, time with my little granddaughter, and read 2 books and am beginning to feel ready to face the world again. AND what better way, but to blog with my much missed friends and catch up. Soooo to get started here is my April Currently. (Thank you Farley for keeping this going!)

LISTENING: Quiet, Shhhh, Ahhhhhhh :D

LOVING: We had a big family get together this year. Most of the "kids" now are getting married or have someone special to bring as well as new little ones, so the family easily doubles. But it was fun.
THINKING: My to-do list(S) are too long and too many that I don't even know how to tackle them. So I read another book. Today I am going to pull a task out of a hat and begin.  Now where is a hat???

WANTING: Tired of the same thing in my closet. Need some new pick-me-up-and-make-me-shine clothes or at least 10 pound thinner!

NEEDING: My previous post hint at my year so I won't dwell. Just breathe is my mantra (as is God give my strength, patience, ...) I love the kids! But differentiated teaching is taking on a whole new meaning in my class this year.

EGGS-PLAIN YOUR NAME: My explanation is really a simple, boring one. Basically I couldn't think of a creative catchy name. I teach 1st grade, so I thought that would be helpful and My school is on the coast (well 10 minutes inland). I live 5 mins from my loved ocean and that's about it. Now my sometimes used nickname P-squared is a different story!
I have 6 more days of whatever comes my way to enjoy. Hope you are enjoying yours, and if you
already had your break, I pray for a good end of the year for you. Hang in there.

Now if you haven't joined this month Currently link up, It's now your turn.
Go to Oh Boy, Fourth Grade and grab the template, add your tid-bits and post.
I can't wait to read it!
 Link up for April Currently
Link up here for April Currently


3 comments:

  1. Hi Pauline! I like your blog name and don't find it boring at all :) I'm on spring break too, thank goodness! This year I have some really high needs students who steal the joy and happiness out of my classroom quite often. It's been nice to listen to some quiet (although I have a 12 and 13 year old so it's not *too* quiet around here, ever). :)

    Raye
    The Caffeinated Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline,
    Enjoy your peace and quiet and the beautiful weather. I hope this break gives you what you need to finish off the school year.

    Stacy
    Made with Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about using your idea of pulling tasks from a hat. I can never seem to get my to do list smaller. Hang in there - you are in the home stretch of your school year.
    Susan
    Teaching Doodles

    ReplyDelete