Saturday, April 18, 2015

Five for Friday but it's really Saturday


I have never joined Five for Friday, so this will be my first! 
It is alway my plan to join, but I either forget to take pictures 
or I can't think of anything to really blog about, and therefore I don't!
These are excuses but they are real. 
So without anymore waiting, 
excusing,
 justifying
...I'm jumping in. 

The week before Spring Break we started our unit on Plants. After dissecting a lima bean we decided to plant one. I wanted to show how the roots grow down and the leaves grow up so I thought I would try "growing it in a baggie" taped to my window. 
[We had already shown how to make rain in a baggie on my window]. 
I put the seeds in the baggie in different positions. 
The first picture was after 5 days and the 2nd picture was on our first day back, 10th day. 
Kids were super excited
 My daughter told me she had tried Oatmeal in a Jar. 
I had seen it on Pinterest but thought "Oh sure! How good could cold oatmeal be?" 
Well let me tell you it is really good and really easy! 
And I am not looking at that donut in the school office quite the same.
 I can't lie. 
I still want the donut.
Walk Away...
On Tuesday, the PE teacher was out!
So I did what any prepared teacher would do...
GO NOODLE to the rescue!
Kid's loved it and I got my workout in too!


Go Noodle


Thank you Jamie Huerta at Laugh Love Teach Learn for your Strong Sentences! product.
 I used them this week to review for our Terra Nova Testing and my littles L-O-V-E-D them, especially the flip books.
It made it real easy for me to assess who was still having trouble identifying Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives. We are excited about building STRONG sentences next week!
I'll post pictures next week. 
And last, I got to pick up this little cutie at Daycare.
Undaunted, after spilling a bucket of water, 
she's off looking for more adventures!
Keeping Nana Busy

for you to share your week.
Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. I gotta try that oatmeal in a jar. I didn't realize you eat it cold. Good to hear it is okay. Thanks for posting. Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love you blog name... makes me feel like I'm on vacation! Kathleen, again.
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete