Monday, June 29, 2015

What Do You Do With an Idea?

What teacher doesn't like books? Here is a new one for me although it was published in 2013. It won a Independent Publisher Book Award. I received this from a student in my class for Teacher Appreciation and it touch me so much with its huge message. And if you haven't seen it it is a must.
What Do You Do With an Idea? 
by Kobi Yamada
Link to Barnes and NobleLink
 Barnes and Noble:
This is the story of one brilliant idea and the child who helps to bring it into the world. As the child’s confidence grows, so does the idea itself. And then, one day, something amazing happens. 
This is a story for anyone, at any age, who’s ever had an idea that seemed a little too big, too odd, too difficult. It’s a story to inspire you to welcome that idea, to give it some space to grow, and to see what ...

I love how it starts with the idea being in color and as the story (idea) develops there is more color.
My class loved this book as much as I did.
And it generated a lot of dialogue about ideas and not giving up on ideas.
I told them about how computers began as an idea.
Original computers were as big as our classroom and with many ideas from many people they computers are now in our cell phones.
No idea is silly!
Other people may not understand your idea!
And maybe your idea doesn't work BUT it could make a better idea.
I think this is going to be our class theme this year.
Somehow...
I not sure what it will look like...
but I have an Idea!

What do you do with an idea?


4 comments:

  1. This looks like a fantastic book! It sounds like it'd be a great read and really inspire kids to be creative. I'm not sure but it could also be a great read for writing workshop??? I will have to check it out. Thanks for sharing. #TpTCATribe

    Kelly
    Lattes and Lunchrooms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First let me say I love your Blog Name! I visited to scope it out and I so enjoyed traveling with you to all those countries, especially Bergen, Norway. I was born in Oslo. I think this book would good for a writing workshop. I know your kids will love it. My littles were so engaged with big thoughts. Thank you for stopping by to chat. --Pauline

      Delete
  2. Hello from #‎TpTCATribe‬! This is such a great book-just put it on my Amazon wishlist! Thank you so much for sharing, Pauline!!! -Kat, SproutClassrooms.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie. I love your standing table! I'll have to look into something like that for my littles. Many of them "wiggle" better when they work standing. I see you have much bigger kids than me but I really think this book would catch their interest because of the inferences using the egg as the idea. It might make a fascinating book study. I L-O-V-E this book. and Thanks for stopping by. -Pauline

      Delete