Saturday, June 10, 2017

Teacher Hack- Adding protective sleeves

First I cannot believe it has been almost a year since my last blog! It was also my hardest Year ever!
New curriculum, a class with an academic span from K to 3 (let's talk differentiation), and a lot of special needs. Individually sweet kids, but they did not always bring out the best in each other.

BUT... enough said...moving on!
REST!
RELAX!
RESTORE!

So in looking forward I got my new Erin Condren Planner Early...at a discount...not realizing it was really last years planner. But that is okay because you have to fill in the calendar dates anyway. Which for me right now is kind of therapeutic.

I did look at a lot of the planner options from many of the TPT'ers, drooled over them, and even bought one. But It was too many choices. I had to decide what pages I wanted, put them in order, get them printed, bound, laminated, etc. I was way overwhelmed.

I like the colorful planners from Erin Condren...its done... I can work with it. But I always want more protective sleeves...and I have the ones in my old planners. So last yearI took the whole thing apart and put it back together with the extra paper protector sleeves. O.M.G.! Very time consuming!

So here is the easy solution.
Get a pair of small scissors with a point, not the small safety school scissors.
Cut perpendicular to the edge, into the small holes along the coils. You may have to push the sleeve up to make the cuts centered. If you cut diagonally I'm not sure it will be as secure.
The cuts make little T's along the edge.
Now you can add them into your new Planner Book or any spiral notebook. Just lay the edge along the coil and using your fingers or a pen tip, push the "T's" down between the coils.
This picture is a 3 section spiral notebook that I use for my reading groups. I added page protectors  to each section as a divider for storing vocabulary words or phonics sounds to practice.
I did this last year and I never had any trouble with it falling out and I just moved them to a new notebook ...good as new.

I hope you find this helpful.  See you around the Palm tree wiggling toes in the sand!

No comments:

Post a Comment